Trade Goods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWS for Gruul/Mag Wed. June 4

+6
Invulnerable
Crampzz
Arkhandris
Jujitsubah
hermioney
Cratchet
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WWS for Gruul/Mag Wed. June 4 Empty WWS for Gruul/Mag Wed. June 4

Post  Cratchet Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:08 am

http://wowwebstats.com/xppwrdkesqyuo

Cratchet

Back to top Go down

WWS for Gruul/Mag Wed. June 4 Empty Re: WWS for Gruul/Mag Wed. June 4

Post  hermioney Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 am

Nice job tonight, sorry I could'nt make it but I had a dinner obligation to go to. On sunday we are going to kill Void Reaver, looking at Gruul's which is the most similar to VR raid dps will have to increase slightly we need 7000 Raid DPS to kill VR before the 10 minute enrage timer. Alot of the lesser geared DPS are going to have to try and improve their gear, ideally I would like to see 700 DPS from everyone but thats hard to get sometimes for ranged since the orbs force almost constant movement the melee on VR should be doing about 900-1000 dps if Zillaana signed up for sunday we should be fine with the melee never needing to move with 2 chain heals.

Remember that the guild bank will help you out on those expensive enchants (mongoose, executioner, soulfrost, sunfire). Now that we know the trash a little better that should go faster and we should be able to get some good attempts in. I will try and die in a safe place or run out if its going to be a wipe so i can summon that was my fault last sunday for releasing.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jujitsubah Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 am

sorry I couldn't make it either, there was an internet outage in my area and wasn't back up until I woke up this morning.

Jujitsubah

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:27 am

np, stuff like that happens hopefully u can make it for sunday we need ur leet hunter dps Very Happy
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Jujitsubah Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:36 am

I'll be there, and just in case I've formulated a contigency plan if the internet decides to bug out on me.

Jujitsubah

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:08 pm

My mage held 900 DPS despite orbs, its not that tough...

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkhandris Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Archonus wrote:My mage held 900 DPS despite orbs, its not that tough...

ur so gud
Arkhandris
Arkhandris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Nah man im just saying its really not that hard, unless you get targetted by orbs like every time.

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:18 pm

I was a little off when I said 7000 DPS we need to do 7500 DPS.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:26 pm

If we can obtain 700 DPS for each person and no one dies we can kill VR in 700*(25-4tanks-7healers= 14) = 9800 DPS; 4500000/9800/60 = 7.6 minutes and thats what i would like to shoot for. This is not accounting tanks; I would expect the druids to do 350-500 DPS and not sure what the pallies would do. I believe on the last attempt we had him at 22% health 7.5 minutes into the fight. However, throughout the fight the DPS had been slowly dieing I think we have the DPS to kill him easily. We just need to avoid orbs and keep the healers alive. As Archonist had suggested we will probably allow healers to move side to side but DPS to only move back and forth that should keep the dps from clumping up and the healers in range of the tanks and melee that need healing. Also if you get hit by an orb use a healthpot/healthstone and also bandage yourself. This will cut down on healing needed and if ur unlucky and get hit by another orb directly after your first hit you will not die, remember its a lot better to stop dps early and make sure you avoid the orbs then get killed. Its easy to calculate your dps when your dead. I probably suffer from moving too much lol, I move for probably any orb in the same quarter of the room i am in since I'm not too good at eyeing up where they are going to land.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Crampzz Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:56 pm

going with hermioney, never underestimate the usefulness of bandages. sure you need to stop dps-ing for ~10s, but it's better than not dps-ing for 5 min of the battle.

Crampzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Invulnerable Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Im also sorry that i couldnt make it to Gruuls or Mag. There was a big storm in my area and i think u know the rest.
Invulnerable
Invulnerable

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunariann Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 pm

dps was ~8700 for gruul and 9400 for the mag kill even despite cube clicking etc, so dps should be alright for VR, probly a dropoff of like 700-800 cause of everyone moving around.

and yeah thats a good estimate for tank dps, i normally do ~450 and i imagine the pally tanks do like 300-350ish.
Lunariann
Lunariann

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiiva Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:54 am

A few questions/comments:

1) Since I missed the last attempt, how much time are the tanks getting before deepz cuts loose?

2) Since us melee get the easier job of just standing there going balls out, do you guys wanna hot-swap shammies for heroism for my melee group? Since healers are healing and moving, I would be willing to get raid assist and swap in Zil and Dan while they heal so they don't have something additional to worry about.

3) I know you guys try your best at group composition, but I think I would be more synergistic with a pure melee group, or at least everyone that can benefit from WF (or if not WF, make the group something that GoA can benefit everyone). My group for HKM and Gruul was initially a pure caster (please don't do this, none of my caster totems benefit from my imp totem talents) but was quickly swapped to a deepz group. However, it was still hunter/rogue/retpal/druid. I *love* LOTP, so having a feral in the group is nice, but the hunter and dagger rogue presence was probably less than desirable. I would be best with combat sword rogues, Fury/MS warriors, Ret pallies, and MAYBE a feral if one can be spared. For warriors, my WF is simply HUGE, it really is.

An additional group consideration would be stacked hunters. Here's some good info:
http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20765-shaman_enhancement/#Group_compositions_that_work

Just wanted to throw that out there. If we're looking to squeeze every little bit of deepz out of our players, it's important to link up the right classes for the right buffs.

Cheers guys, and looking forward to the VR attempts.
Kiiva
Kiiva

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 am

I didnt do group make up since I wasnt there on wednesday, but I usually try and make the best group set up for you, I usually have 2 rogues, dropsdead, u, and lunariann in a group. Sometimes with the people we get its hard to make optimal groups for the entire raid. But it certainly is something I will look into further.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:59 am

Lunariann wrote:dps was ~8700 for gruul and 9400 for the mag kill even despite cube clicking etc, so dps should be alright for VR, probly a dropoff of like 700-800 cause of everyone moving around.

and yeah thats a good estimate for tank dps, i normally do ~450 and i imagine the pally tanks do like 300-350ish.

Hmm, I thought i saw 6700 DPS for gruuls maybe i was looking at another gruuls if it was 8700 then i would expect DPS will be fine for VR if all dps stay alive.

Also good idea on rotating heroisims for the melee group i hadnt thought of that before. I would like to use all three right off the bat once tanks get initial aggro as to make sure all melee are up when we use it. We will have to make sure we bring adequate melee dps some of the rogues our fairly undergeared but adrict, dropsdead, and kaidos are well geared. I would like to do group of Lunariann (he will get heroism and make more threat to tank longer since we should really be bringing 4 tanks as well as give u guys 5% crit), Dropsdead, Adrict, Kiiva, Kaidos. If all these ppl are going that would prolly be the optimal group. I would expect this group to do atleast a 1100+ DPS each with this kind of raid support.

Edit: Lunariann would probably be the one to take out for the next shaman to be put in for heroism. So he wont get extra threat.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiiva Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:16 am

That group make up sounds great. The Fury warriors will love WF. 1100 deepz per is likely not going to happen, but it will more assuredly be higher than what we usually pull.
Kiiva
Kiiva

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:10 am

With 3 heroisms tho, you guys can do it!
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunariann Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:41 am

hermioney wrote:
Edit: Lunariann would probably be the one to take out for the next shaman to be put in for heroism. So he wont get extra threat.

tbh, heroism isnt fantastic for threat generation. lacerate and maul have extra non-damage-associated threat built into the skills and mangle is a 6s cooldown. so heroism helps but not to any degree where we'll get a major threat boost from it.

so yeah, def a non issue for me at least to not be in that group.
Lunariann
Lunariann

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrict Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:39 am

Strictly speaking, ret pallies get more out of windfury then most other classes just becuse of the nature of our dps, very slow two handers benefit far more from windfury then, say, a 2.70 speed one handed sword.

that isnt to say that rogues and warriors shouldnt get it, we just need more shaman imho ^^
Adrict
Adrict

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:44 am

we will try and have a melee group that will always have windfury, that will probably consist of you, kaidos, dropsdead, kiiva, and lunariann/bloodyroar. Warriors get a lot out of it because when the windfury procs it gives them more rage so they can do more attacks in addition to the extra dmg that windfury does.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Adrict Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:53 am

has anyone gotten around to the WWS of VR? i'm anxious =D
Adrict
Adrict

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:56 am

thats cratchet's department, usually he does them after the raid and they are up in the morning when i get bored and check this site while im at work, also i like ur avatar adrict i used to play magic the gathering and everyone likes monty python!
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkhandris Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:13 pm

That game was awesome until some douche stole my deck.
Arkhandris
Arkhandris

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiley Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 pm

I still play Magic The Gathering but I'm considering quitting. Ever since I moved here to Houston I haven't been able to find a decent playgroup. The tournament players are too hardcore for me (I go against wonderful people every week such as "tits la-roo" -- a woman who exploits her sub-standard rack to intimidate others -- and "fingernails," a guy whose poor hygiene and other septic qualities intimidates his opponents). The casual players hide in their cave at the back of the store during tournaments and are very, very resistant to outsiders. I ask people if they want to play a game "just for fun" and they're like "uhh...ummm..."
Kiley
Kiley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next