Trade Goods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydross!!!

2 posters

Go down

Hydross!!! Empty Hydross!!!

Post  hermioney Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 pm

Ok guys I thought I would write a strategy out for how I think we should do Hydross. First things off I just realized that the day I posted for SSC is on Father's Day. I know I will probably have family things going on. However, I will try and see if people are avaiable for monday (June 16) or perhaps if the notice is not too late tomorrow (June 12).

After thinking about it I decided that we should probably gear 2 tanks in a mixture of resistance for the adds. We have crafted one set for craiggless and I will be using some guild money to get Adequate a set as well. These two tanks will need 200 nature and frost resistance; they will have the pally frost aura and a hunter aura so they need to get gear that has a 130 resistance.

Lunariann is the nature tank with 375 buffed nature resistance.
Bloodyroar is the frost tank with 375 buffed frost resistance.

*All tanks will be using the flask that gives you resistance.*

The fight is going to start with Hydross in his frost form. Bloodyroar will stealth up to Hydross. Hydross cannot be moved out of his initial ring or he will go into nature form thus the druid will stealth up and engage him where he is standing. The boss will increase the amount of frost damage the raid takes every 15 seconds. The first time it will be 25% more then 50% more, then 100%. Hydross will be transitioned into nature phase at the 100% mark which is a minute into the fight. This is an important phase of the fight because it is the only one where you will not have to fight adds.

Bloodyroar will pull Hydross out of his ring and Lunariann will pick him up, He will drop aggro when transitioned thus dps will need to stop and dots stopped 20 seconds before the transition. Once he goes into nature form he will start doing nature damage and also summon 4 poison elementals. There will be 2 in front of him and 2 behind him. Craiggless will pick up the two in front of him and Adequate the 2 behind him. These will be tanked very close to Hydross. Once aggro is held the aoe classes will begin to dps the elementals, im hoping that we will have atleast 5 aoe people there, rogues can use bladeflurry. The elementals have ~40,000 HP each. Ideally, the elementals will be dead in about 15 seconds with 5 seconds of time allowed for aggro. Its easy to wipe of dps pulls adds. Remember tanks are in resistance gear so they cannot create their normal amount of threat.

After a minute the raid will take a 100% more poison damage and it will be time to transition back to frost phase. Lunariann will take Hydross back to his ring and Blooyroar will pick him up, again aggro will drop, so DPS watch out esspecially with dots. At this time 4 frost elementals will be summoned. The process will start again.

Frost Ablilities:
Hydross will encase a person in Ice doing damage over time to that person and anyone in within about 5 yards of them. During frost phase it will be important to spread out.

Nature Abilities:
Hydross will shoot a non-dispellable poison dot on random ppl this will do a fair amount of damage, however it will also decrease your spell damage and healing by 50%. Hopefully we will be lucky and melee/hunters will get it, but be prepared if either of the add tanking paladins get it aoe damage will have to slow down because it is much more important that aggro stays on the tanks then killing the adds fast.

Hydross' abilities are simple and easy to heal through. The main challenges on this fight is keeping tanks alive, aggor managment, and fast aoe damage.

Special Notes:

Mages: You can frost nova the poison adds to keep them in place. You can't do this to the frost adds because they are immune.

Non-Aoe DPS: While adds are up you should be able to focus on the boss not the adds. The adds have fairly low health and by doing damage to hydross you will allow the warlock's seed of corruption to go off instantly which makes the spell the best aoe spell in the game.

Tanking Paladins: Remember to keep your adds close to Hydross because this allows the mage's arcane explosion to hit hydross and allow seed of corruption to hit all 4 adds since Warlocks will be seeding Hydross himself. Also this will allow you to each get aggro on the other's adds in case on of you is encased in Ice during frost phase.

Shamans: Do not use any fire totem that does damage these totems can pull aggro when we transistion Hydross, for some reason totems always get the first hit off in blizzards AI.

A usefull site to look at is bosskillers.com their strategy might be a little different. I cannot look at the site right now since it is blocked at work.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Hydross!!! Empty Re: Hydross!!!

Post  Kiiva Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:59 pm

I had been surfing wowhead earlier looking at the frost and nature resist sets for a warrior, since I was wondering if I should make em for my warrior for shits and giggles. Need to be careful on the pre-buffed resist levels, I saw the following in a comment and thought this would help:

170 (Wildguard set)
+20 (helm enchant)
+35 (JC ring)
+30 (JC neck)
+5 (shield enchant)
+70 (totem)
+35 (flask)
=365

Since we have a druid tank, the shield enchant will go away, but there is a shoulder enchant that does +7 resist to all. Also, for the tanks, please don't forget to be def capped respective to your classes...don't wanna get your face crit off I don't know what that is for pallies and druids, but that absolutely must be a consideration. For warriors, we could wear the felsteel gloves because it has a large amount of def on it. Also don't forget that shit can be socketed with void spheres for +resist all!

Lastly, and I'm less sure about this, but I believe the resist buff from motw will stack with either pally frost aura or shammy frost totem. The shammy's totems will not stack with pally aura. The hunter nature aura should also stack with motw's resist buff, but the hunter aura will not stack with the shammy totem aura.

There might be some other items/enchants out there that I forgot. Cheers!

Edit: I totally misread craigless and adequate being the add tanks and thus not needing (or simply not being able to get) as much resist as the MTs. The 200 number worried me. HOWEVER, I hope my post was still informative, but since you guys usually got your shit together, you probably already knew it. Smile

Last edited by Kiiva on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiiva
Kiiva

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:02 pm

We have the resistance gear crafted for the druids, they need 415 to be uncrittable, the pallies need 490 def just like warriors. The druids should think of wearing 2 pieces of glad gear as the resil works great for them to reach uncrittable. And I am fairly certain that MOTW will not stack with aura's or buffs like the shadow one from priests. The flask will though.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down