Trade Goods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Void Reaver

3 posters

Go down

Void Reaver Empty Void Reaver

Post  Zillaana Thu May 22, 2008 1:03 am

The Trash:

The trash mobs in Void Reaver's room are harder than he is. We will need 2 warlocks and 2 mages (at least) to be on top of their game in regards to CC. We have decent AoE healing so they shouldn't be a problem.

The Boss:

Void Reaver has a 10 minute enrage timer and ~4.5 million hp. This comes down to 7500 dps as A RAID. This is easily attainable, so if you can stay alive the enrage timer is nothing to worry about.

He has 3 main (only?) abilities:
*Pounding - This is done in a 20 yardish radius around him. Its a channeled AoE that does about 2k per person per tick. This is nothing too bad and can be healed through.

*Arcane Orb - This is where the ability to have eyes and run away helps. He constantly targets a random person not in melee range and launches an arcane orb at them. It does a lot damage and silences you. The good thing is, is that you see it coming to where you WERE STANDING. So all you have to do is move and it won't hit you. Deadly boss mods combined with having chat bubbles enabled help this.

*Knockback - He knocks the target with the highest aggro back which greatly reduces the threat they have. This is combated by having more than one tank.

The Fight:

Whoever is tanking him first runs upto him. They will be followed by the other tanks. All four tanks need to build as much threat as you can. The melee will just run in, spread out and dps while watching omen. Remember, melee, if you go above any of the tanks at the top you become a tank and can have aggro pretty easily.

The ranged just spread out and avoid orbs. It takes some practice but you have to dps/heal while being watchful of your surroundings. Staying alive and avoiding orbs is the tricky part. Make sure you have health pots, bandages and healthstones to use in case you do get hit.

Other than that there's really nothing too special about this fight. He is well within what we're capable of.

Zillaana

Back to top Go down

Void Reaver Empty Re: Void Reaver

Post  Kiiva Thu May 22, 2008 1:57 am

I was able to experience the trash mobs and some Void attempts on my warrior in the past, so I would like to make a few comments about this.

Firstly, yeah, don't underestimated the trash mobs.

Secondly, Zil, did you mean that the orbs attack ranged instead of melee?

Thirdly, perhaps it was because of a lack of arcane resist or whatnot, but when our raid finally made it to Void Reaver, the pounding completely obliterated most of our melee within about 2-3 poundings...and they occur every, what, 6 seconds? I mean, we had 4-5 melee DPS taking sub-6k total damage every pounding session, and it was simply too much to heal through. Should a few pieces of arcane resist gear be considered or was I just running with a retarded raid?
Kiiva
Kiiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Zillaana Thu May 22, 2008 2:04 am

Yes I did mean that the orbs attack only ranged, but melee can get hit if a ranged runs too close.

As for the poundings, I've never had any problem healing through them. We have 2 shaman and our primary targets will be the melee. I've never used arcane resist at all on this fight. The poundings happen every 12 seconds and that should be enough time to top off the melee. They may just have to pot occasionally.

Zillaana

Back to top Go down

Post  hermioney Thu May 22, 2008 12:54 pm

The best way for the ranged to counter the arcane orbs is for everyone to spread out and when you see an orb head to either yourself or one of the ppl to either side of you. Run backwards; this means that you will not get in anyone else's area and that will eliminate the chance for the two orbs to come at the same point which will result in a death. Once the orb has hit move back to your original location. DO NOT MOVE SIDE TO SIDE when the orb hits this will result in clumps of ranged and more likely for orbs to go to the clumps which means a lot more ranged will need to move for each orb lowering raid dps and healing.
hermioney
hermioney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down