Trade Goods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

70 warrior app

4 posters

Go down

70 warrior app Empty 70 warrior app

Post  neurth Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Character Name: Neurth
Time Zone: eastern
Any level 50+ alts on Arthas: not yet, almost

Armory Link:
Stats (If your armory shows off spec gear): 2095 ap, 26% crit, capped expertise

Would you consider respeccing or regemming for raids: sure

Raid Experience: full clear kara, mag, gruul, partly clear of ssc, and za

Past guilds and reasons for leaving: N/A

Computer/Internet Specs: great connection, 4 gigs of ram, recenly had work so its almost pristine

Do you have vent and/or a mic: yes

A little about yourself: i kno i got off on the wrong foot with a guildie of yours , but im acualy a great player, i know a paladin in your guild, Adrict, he said he would reccomend me to the guild and gave me the guild website. i may not be the greatest tank ever, but i am a fairly good dps, one of my friends irl raids BT, ssphinx of ice crown, and he lets me in on all kinds of tips, hints, and pointers to be a better fury warrior, and i know most of the fights from kara, to mother in BT. After sayin this , i hope yall will take my application into consideration, and i will check my app status daily.

hope to join soon - Neurth

neurth

Back to top Go down

70 warrior app Empty Re: 70 warrior app

Post  Zillaana Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 am

here's the armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arthas&n=Neurth

You're a 375 BS, what did you train into? Because dual http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28433 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28439 are both better than the weapons you have now. Aside from just stats, can you say a little bit about your pve gear? It looks like you logged out in pvp gear.

Zillaana

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiiva Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 am

Hello! I cannot see your armory at the moment since the WoW sites in general are being lame, however I wanted to just clarify what you meant by expertise capped.

Taken from the Expertise Rating page on WoWwiki:
The dodge and parry chances for boss-mobs is currently disputed, but combat parses tend to point at around 6.5% dodge and as high as 12-15% parry.[citation needed] Assuming 6.5% dodge and 15% parry, a player would need 26 expertise (about 102 expertise rating - 101.92 exactly) to negate a boss' dodge chance, and 60 expertise (roughly 236 expertise rating) to prevent parries.

To "cap" expertise against a raid boss, melee DPS need only concern themselves with the boss' dodge chance, provided that they attack from behind. This dictates a goal of 102 expertise rating, which is reasonably achievable given the gear added to the game in Patch 2.4.

I assumed you were talking about attack-from-the-back expertise dodge "capped" and wanted to make sure. Since armory is indeed down, can you mention those items that get you to the 102? I would guess shard of the contempt is one important one, but would be interested in what else you're packin. Thanks!
Kiiva
Kiiva

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:07 pm

You logged out in PVP gear, please log on in PVE gear so we can see what you are rolling in.

Also, I think we are currently full on fury warriors, but still, contact Archonist, cratchet, hermioney, or lunariann for a trial run.

Back to top Go down

70 warrior app Empty Cap missunderstanding

Post  neurth Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm

i missunderstood the cap thing, i have 20 expertise, and i do have pvp gear unfortunatly, i have een doing kara lately though and have gotton a few upgrades, but intell then, im afraid thats my gear =(

neurth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunariann Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:17 pm

well the pvp gear in this case i dont think is a huge deal. he's already reached the point where warriors normally stop gearing specifically for hit so it shouldnt be a major issue.

the thing that stands out to me though, is all the green quality gems. in a raid setting if all members are using blue rather than green gems the combined effect improves total raid dps by 2-3% if i remember correctly. not insignificant when we're doing 7000 dps as a group. i realize its only gladiator gear but anything past that we'd definitely like to see investments made in better gems and getting equipment enchanted.

i will agree with zillaana though as far as weapons, if you've taken up a weaponsmithing mastery i'd highly suggest looking into those weapons. dragonstrike isnt unique anymore so im 95% sure it can be dual wielded... extreme amounts of haste rating.
Lunariann
Lunariann

Back to top Go down

70 warrior app Empty gear

Post  neurth Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:56 pm

so if my gear is decent, do you think i could get in? what do i have to do and not have to do, more detailed info on what you would like me to do

neurth

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunariann Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 pm

as archonist mentioned, you can contact him, cratchet, hermioney, or myself and we'll run a heroic with you just to see how you do. the previous discussion here is basically just constructive criticism, food for thought if you will.
Lunariann
Lunariann

Back to top Go down

Post  Zillaana Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:27 pm

neurth wrote:so if my gear is decent, do you think i could get in? what do i have to do and not have to do, more detailed info on what you would like me to do

Idealy, Dragonstike x2 lol

Zillaana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down